- Conor McGregor previously posted a video of himself revealing his comeback
- He said he will be fighting Michael Chandler at International Fight Week in June
- Dana White has been asked about it and said ‘no’ to prospect of June
Dana White has denied that Conor McGregor’s long-awaited comeback will happen in June, despite the Irishman announcing it.
Last month, McGregor posted a video on social media of himself apparently revealing the opponent and date of his next fight.
‘I’d like to announce the return date for myself, ‘Notorious’ Conor McGregor,’ he said in a video on X.
‘The greatest comeback of all time will take place in Las Vegas, International Fight Week of June 29. The opponent, Michael Chandler — and the weight, Mr. Chandler, 185 pounds.’
UFC president Dana White was then asked about it this weekend and denied it would be happening.
Dana White has rejected Conor McGregor’s proposed comeback for June this year
He said: ‘Uuuuh, no,’ regarding McGregor’s June declaration. ‘When Conor is ready to fight, you know we’ll announce it. That’s what we’ll do.’
The news will come as a blow for fans looking forward to McGregor’s return and he has not fought in approaching three years.
The Dubliner broke his leg against Dustin Poirier in their trilogy fight and while the recovery has been arduous, it seems like there is no real impediment to McGregor fighting in the UFC when he wants.
More to follow…